The Library Cooperative and PBCLA Job Exchange program is underway! This year the exchanges run from late-June through October. All information service providers - professional and paraprofessionals - are welcome to participate in the exchange program to network and learn from other providers in different library and information agency settings.
Throughout the years, job exchange participants have visited local public and academic libraries, non-traditional libraries and information agencies as diverse as the Palm Beach Post Editorial Library, FAU Special Collections, and the Society of the Four Arts . Each year both visitor and host have found the exchanges to be enjoyable and rewarding. These exchanges/visits have allowed information service providers an opportunity to meet, exchange information and share experiences.
The Job Exchange initiative has evolved into a "self-service" exchange program over the years. Interested staff contact a library location from the pre-determined list below to arrange their own visit.
Participating Libraries, Agencies, and Information Providers
Follow these simple steps for a perfect exchange experience:
- Obtain supervisor approval to participate in a job exchange at another library or information agency.
- Choose a library or information agency that you would like to visit from the list provided. Click on the links to go directly to their web site for more details about that location.
- Return to the list for address, contact, and schedule information as well as comments and highlights from past visits.
- Complete the form (via SurveyMonkey), print out a copy and return it to your supervisor for their records. Submit your request by clicking the [DONE] button on the SurveyMonkey form.
- Contact your selected exchange location directly to arrange a visit on a mutually agreeable day, time and duration. Share any specific areas of interest you may have and want to explore, i.e. collection development, children's programming, etc.
- Confirm your visit with the host location several days prior to your visit to ensure that they are still expecting you, to determine parking arrangements, entry to the building, lunch plans if visiting for a full day, etc.
- VISIT, LEARN and ENJOY yourself!
- Complete the online evaluation form following your exchange. See link here: Visitor Evaluation
Thank you for your participation!
If you have any questions or concerns please contact:
Brian Smith (Wellington Branch Library) - South Region (Locations south of Lantana Rd)
(561) 790-6070; firstname.lastname@example.org
Diane Briel (Jupiter Branch Library) - North Region (Locations north of Okeechobee Blvd.)
(561) 744-2301; email@example.com
Jayme Bosio (Main Library) - Central Region (Locations between Okeechobee Blvd. and Lantana Rd.)
(561) 233-2600; firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindi Permenter - Committee Co-Chair
(West Boynton Branch Library)
(561) 734-5556; email@example.com
David Scott - Committee Chair
(Greenacres Branch Library)
(561) 641-9100; firstname.lastname@example.org